O

 

 

 

 

 

Home  Horoscopes Crime News Fishing Community Letters Contact

 

 

 

 

FIRE NEWS

 

 

BALLAM  ROAD  BARN  BURNS

One person injured, CFD says to have a professional deal with structure wiring

 

 

 

ANDREW BROWN—ASSISTANT CHIEF TRAININGVOICE PHOTOS

THURSDAY—NOVEMBER—

Firefighters couldn't save the barn so they went into "defensive" mode.

 

n November 18, 2018 at approximately 11 AM, the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in a small barn in the 47000-block of Ballam Rd.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 2, 4, and 6 and on arrival, reported heavy fire and smoke venting from the structure.

 

Occupants were home and working in the field when they noticed smoke coming from the barn, and quickly called 911, then tried to extinguish the fire.

Fire crews setup a defensive attack bringing the fire under control and ensuring no extension to other structures. The barn suffered major structural damage.

 

One civilian suffered minor injuries, as a result of trying to extinguish the fire. There was no firefighter, or animal injuries.



This fire appears to be accidental caused by electrical wiring.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public that it is important to ensure qualified electricians install, repair, and/or maintain electrical wiring, components, and systems.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


© 2008-2018 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved